In order to register for an account and gain access to the data and content on this site, you must agree that you will adhere to the following criteria:
- I undertake to conduct myself responsibly and with respect to others in regard to any language used or comments made on this website
- I will not reproduce or publish images (including both printed work and social media) derived from the lidar data and historic maps without acknowledging the relevant copyright holders: 0.5m Surrey Heath LiDAR data © Bluesky International Limited; 0.5m LiDAR data © Environment Agency, visualised by PTS Consultancy; 0.25m LiDAR data © Kent County Council; First edition Ordnance Survey and Tithe maps © Surrey History Centre and J David Young (please note permission from Surrey History Centre must be obtained to use these images for publication purposes); Second edition Ordnance Survey maps © National Library of Scotland
- I will not use the data on this website for commercial purposes
- I will not trespass on private land without express permission from the landowner(s) as part of any investigation or activity based on the data contained in this website
- I will adhere to the Countryside Code when investigating any sites in the field (e.g. leaving gates and property as they are found, ensuring crops are not damaged, not disturbing wildlife, etc)
- I will not undertake metal-detecting, excavation or survey on any sites without express permission and consent from the landowner(s) and any other relevant organisation where prior consent and licenses are needed (Note that any Scheduled Ancient Monument, Ministry of Defence property or Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) has strict regulations in particular and requires written consent from the relevant statutory authorities in addition to the landowner for potential fieldwork)
Any questions regarding the use of this data, including requests for commercial purposes, should be directed to the Surrey Archaeological Society.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Statement
The information you provide when you register with the Surrey LiDAR Portal will be used to provide you with updates. This information will only be maintained for the duration of the project. You can change your mind at any time by contacting the Surrey Archaeological Society and asking to be removed and de-registered from the website. We will treat your information with respect.
By registering, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.